Baytna was launched in 2013 as a networking, training, and grant-making facility for Syrian civil society organizations, offering support to CSOs based inside Syria and the neighbouring countries. It moved to its permanent home in Brussels, Belgium in January 2021
Baytna is seeking to recruit two Project Coordinator to lead the implementation of a networking project. The position will be reporting to the Program Officer.
Contract Type and Length: Two months contracts renewable based on availability of funds
Candidate starting Date: 15/04/2021
Job Location: Remote
Job Ref: BSHR.V02.21
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the working group and will serve as the main focal point on behalf of Baytna for its members.
- Implementation of all activities of the project, where they will help to conduct the needed mapping and surveys.
- Coordinate the communication between representatives of member organizations of each working group.
- Co-facilitate and serve as note-taker in all workshops, meetings, and webinars.
- Provide the needed reporting to line manager and donors according to the plan.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Support the process of drafting policy papers.
- Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Bachelor’s degree in policy development, business, or related field of study.
- Three years of experience in a related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills both in Arabic and English.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.